This section lists the latest in proposed and enacted federal regulations affecting the public transportation industry. You can view documents related to regulatory processes including notices, comments, final rules, and associated references.
How to View Documents & Submit Comments
- To view proposed rules and notices:
Click on the topic name.
- To review APTA draft or final comments:
Click on the date listed in the APTA comments column.
- To review comments received by the FTA from all parties and submit your own comments:
Visit www.regulations.gov and search by docket number or keyword to find the appropriate rule or notice.
- To submit content to APTA or discuss the draft APTA comments:
Contact Linda Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit comments directly to the FTA:
Follow the directions in the notice.
Rulemaking Conference Calls:
Please stay tuned for future rulemaking conference calls.
Current Rulemaking Issues
Select a topic from the list below for related information. Within each chart the most current item is listed first, descending to the earliest item. You can also click on the issue areas listed on the left to view additional rules and notices.
- FTA: FY 2018 Apportionments, Allocations, Program Information and Guidance
- FTA: FY 2018 Competitive Funding Opportunity: Grants for Buses and Bus Facilities Infrastructure Investment Program
- FTA: FY 2017 Grants for Buses and Bus Facilities Infrastructure Investment Program
- FTA: FY 2018 Competitive Funding Opportunity: Pilot Program for TransitOriented Development Planning
- FTA FY 2018 Competitive Funding Opportunity: Low or No Emission Grant Program
- OST Notice of Funding Opportunity for the Dept. of Transportation’s National Infrastructure Investments Under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018
- FRA-2009-0033: Final Rule_Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees
- USTR-2018-0005: Notice of Determination and Request for Public Comment Concerning Proposed Determination of Action Pursuant to Section 301: China’s Acts, Policies, and Practices Related to Technology Transfer, Intellectual Property, and Innovation
- Adjustment of MAP-21 Performance Measure Reporting Period by One Year_AASHTO, APTA, and AMPO Letter to Secretary Chao
- ACHP: Notice of Proposed Draft Program Comment To Exempt Effects of Transportation-Related Undertakings Within Rail Rights-of-Way
- DOT-OST: Notice of Availability of Draft DOT Strategic Plan for FY 2018–2022
- Draft DOT Strategic Plan for FY 2018–2022
- DOT-OST-2016-0189: Final Rule: Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs: Addition of Certain Schedule II Drugs to the Department of Transportation’s Drug-Testing Panel and Certain Minor Amendments
- FTA-2017-0001: Notice of Establishment of Emergency Relief Docket for Calendar Year 2017
- FTA FY17 Apportionments; Allocations Program Information and Interim Guidance
- FTA FY 2017 Competitive Funding Opportunity; Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Program; Tribal Transit Program
- FTA-2015-0020: Notice of availability of Handbook: Buy America Handbook-Conducting Pre-Award and Post-Delivery Audits for Rolling Stock Procurements