The Diversity Council promotes and values diversity as a strength of the industry and the Association. The Council serves to encourage, promote and celebrate diversity throughout all levels of the Association during the normal course of the Association's business and programs.
The role of the Diversity Council is to:
- assess, evaluate and recommend changes to APTA's Diversity Plan, policies and programs
- monitor the implementation of and progress on the Diversity Plan
- monitor and evaluate APTA activities and programs to ensure that diversity policies are supported and implemented throughout the Association
- provide recommendations on diversity concerns or issues raised in APTA or in the transit industry
- and provide an annual report on The Diversity Plan to the APTA Board of Directors at its annual meeting.
- The Diversity Council has no regular events.
- The Council meets twice each year, and all meetings are open.
- The Diversity Council has no subcommittees, however the Chair may appoint task forces to work on specific issues.