The Marketing & Communications Committee's mission is to
- create maximum support and use of public transportation and the benefits it brings to communities and customers
- enhance the skills of public transportation marketing practitioners
- promote excellence in marketing and communications in the public transportation industry
- support APTA's strategic plan and be APTA's primary advisor on issues that pertain to the image of public transportation
- support the industry's efforts to expand investment in public transportation
- broaden the understanding and integration of marketing as a critical component in the management of public transportation
- and promote the exchange of marketing-related information and techniques.
Sample committee activities include the direction of the annual AdWheel Awards, Dump the Pump, and the APTA Marketing & Communications Workshop.
The committee also directs the industry's branding efforts with the Where Public Transportation Goes Community Grows campaign.
The committee always welcomes involvement. Current opportunities exist on the following committee task forces:
- Ad Revenue
- Advocacy Communications
- Social Media
Annually, the committee holds a Marketing & Communications Workshop designed to address the challenges and learning needs of public transit's communicators.
The The Marketing & Communications Committee is open to all APTA members.