The APTA Policy & Planning Committee's purpose is
- to advance the practice and quality of public transit planning at the system and corridor level
- to improve the decision making in the planning and operations of transit systems
- and to facilitate and expand transit's link to sustainable development.
Through the subcommittees, members develop and respond to federal and local policy initiatives affecting the transportation planning process. Members also assist in the development of planning sessions at APTA conferences.
Committee members include general managers, planning directors, service development managers, and senior staff of transportation consulting firms.
At present, the committee structure includes seven subcommittees.
- Environmental Justice/Title VI Subcommittee
- Environmental Subcommittee
- Land Use & Economic Development Subcommittee
- Major Capital Investment Planning Subcommittee
- Metropolitan Planning Subcommittee
- Multimodal Operations Planning Subcommittee
- Performance Management Subcommittee
- System Management & Operations Planning Subcommittee