The Committee on Public Safety covers areas of interest to transit security/police management. The Committee meets separately once a year at the Rail Conference.
- Recent event COPS meeting & the Security & Emergency Management Roundtable were both a major success at the Rail conference in Phoenix, AZ.
- 21st Century transit policing
- Transit quality of life crimes
- Security technology
- R&D viable systems
- Reducing general and juvenile crime
- Transit specific crime statistics
- Public Transportation Information Sharing & Analysis Center
- APTA Security Standards
- Emergency Preparedness
- Upcoming conference & scheduled activities
On an annual basis, the committee meets at the Rail Conference to discuss the latest policing & security developments affecting transit. The committee also holds several conference calls to discuss current events, the committee work.
This committee is open to all APTA members. While transit police make up the majority of the membership, non police or security members are welcome.
- Task Force on Technology
- Emergency Preparedness Task Force