This committee consists of the officers of the rail transit committee and subcommittees. The Rail Transit Committee gives overall direction to the rail programs and conducts an annual rail technical information review and exchange.
Through its joint sponsorship with the Commuter Rail Committee of the Rail Conference workshops and seminars, the committee sponsors the Rail Conference.
Subcommittees and Technical Forums
- Automated Transit Technical Forum
- Capital Projects Subcommittee
- Elevators and Escalators Technical Forum
- Energy Storage Research Consortium
- International Rail Rodeo Committee
- Light Rail Transit Technical Forum
- Operations Control Centers Technical Forum
- Power, Signals and Communications Technical Forum
- Rail Conference Planning Subcommittee
- Rail Safety Committee
- Rail Transit CEOs Subcommittee
- Rolling Stock Equipment Technical Forum
- Streetcar Subcommittee
- System Safety Program Management Subcommittee
- Track and Noise/Vibration Technical Forum
- Ventilation Technical Forum
- Subcommittees and Technical Forums
The Rail Transit Committee meetings are open to all APTA members.
Next meeting is on Sunday September 11, 2016
JW Marriott Hotel, 900 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015