The Sustainability Steering Committee is the governing body of the Sustainability Committee and its Sustainability Commitment Signatories Subcommittee, and is tasked with approving products originating from the APTA Standards Sustainability and Urban Design working groups..
Under the governance of the Standards Development Oversight Council (SDOC), the Sustainability and Urban Design Standards Policy and Planning Committee performs the following functions:
- sets the broad policy to be followed by the Sustainability and Urban Design Transit Standards Technical Advisory Group;
- approves the advisory group’s annual budget
- approves major changes to the budget (if required)
- approves the advisory group’s priorities
- appoints the advisory group’s chair and vice chair
- appoints a steering committee representative to the advisory group
- and authorizes implementation of documents approved by the advisory group.
Membership of the Sustainability and Urban Design Standards Policy & Planning Committee is by appointment only.
Please note that access to each working group site is restricted to working group members.