APTA has six different categories of membership. Please click on the links below to see dues calculation information and current rates for each category of memership.
Those entities (persons, firms or corporations, trustees or receivers, municipal or other government agencies) operating any form of organized public transit system within the boundaries of the United States or its territories and possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Canada, or Mexico.
- United States Transit Systems (01a)
- U.S. Section 5310 and 5311 (01b)
- Canadian Transit Systems - Bus & Rail (02a)
- Canadian Transit Systems - Bus-Only (02b) - please see separate dues schedule for Canadian bus-only
"Basic Option" is available to U.S. and Canadian transit systems with $1,000,000 or less in operating expenses. See dues information page for details.
A firm or corporation organized to provide professional management services to transit systems within the same boundaries as a U.S. or Canadian System provided that Management Company Membership shall not take the place of the transit system membership.
Organizations which supply goods and services to the transit industry; provide professional consultation services; or engage in the construction of transit facilities.
- Manufacturers and Suppliers (04a)
- Consulting Companies (04b)
- Contractors (04c)
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise rates are available.
- Non-Operating State Departments of Transportation (05a)
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (05b)
- Government Agencies (05c)
Includes agencies of local or regional levels of government responsible for the planning and/or development of public transit systems
Broad-ranged category which includes the following:
- Associated Railroads (06a)
- High Speed Rail Authorities (06b)
- New Transit Enterprises (06c)
- International Transit Systems and Authorities (06d)
- D.C. Based Legislative Representatives (06e)
- Transportation Management Associations (06f)
- Publications (06g)
- State Associations (06h)
- Universities (06i)
- Public Interest Groups (06j)
- Vanpool/Carpool Providers (06k)
- Land Developers (06l)
- Single Professional Consultants (06m)
Please call the APTA Membership Department for further information on category descriptions and specified dues.
For those persons retired from transit systems or related businesses who want to continue their contact with the transit industry. Individuals should no longer be seeking consulting business.