CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS DEADLINE EXTENDED TO April 7, 2017
- Abstracts due to APTA - April 7, 2017 EXTENSION
- Author notifications by email – will begin late May
- Bios due to APTA - Immediately following acceptance of abstract
- Presentations due to APTA - September 8, 2017
- Presentations posted online – Early November 2017
APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies and best practices that will motivate participants beyond the conference.
When submitting your presentation ideas, your first paragraph should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation.
We hope you will join the hundreds who are already planning to attend this premier event for public transportation industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters must belong to an APTA member organization.
- All ideas must be submitted online through the APTA website by the deadline - April 7, 2017 (extension)
- Ideas must be 200 words or less (about a half page in length).
- Selected speakers must have an updated bio attached to their MyAPTA profile. Please be sure to list any AICP, AIA, PE, or other credentials that speak to your expertise within the industry. Your abstract submission will not be considered complete until your bio has been updated online.
- Although we suggest that you submit based on the topics identified, we also encourage submission of topics that are not listed. If you have a topic that does not fall within one of the suggested sessions, please select "other" when submitting your idea.
Submit Your Presentation Ideas
The following APTA staff is available to answer any of your questions about the Call for Presentations:
Senior Program Manager Conference Programs & Services
email@example.com or (202) 496-4834
Database Administrator, Website/Technical Issues
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4825