The 2015 Business Member Board of Governors' (BMBG) Annual Business Meeting is scheduled for January 26-28, 2015, at PGA National Resort and Spa located at 400 Avenue of the Champions in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida (pgaresort.com) .
About This Meeting
All APTA business members are welcome and encouraged to attend and participate in the BMBG Annual Business Meeting, to help shape APTA’s private sector agenda for the next two years.
This meeting will focus on doing business in the transit industry and business member support for APTA’s transit advocacy efforts and other programs. Pat Scully, the newly elected chair of the BMBG, has outlined a number of topics and issues that will be central to the meeting agenda, including:
- National Day of Advocacy. Support for APTA Chair Phil Washington's April initiative, National Day of Advocacy, and development of an action plan that will bring significant private sector participation to carry APTA’s message to Congress.
- Legislative Program. Focusing on the Legislative Program and the mid-term election results and identifying the actions that Business Members can take to support reauthorization
- Procurement and Jobs. We are once again dealing with a number of issues in this area. The issue of job creation in large rolling stock procurements and Buy America continue to be an issue for the private sector. This meeting is an opportunity to focus on private sector concerns regarding these issues and the role that APTA can play in addressing them.
- Innovative Financing. In the last two years, APTA’s business members had a leading role in the industry-wide discussion on ways to develop a more comprehensive approach to financing public transportation in the United States and the role that the private sector can play. The International Practicum on Innovative Funding and Finance in June 2014 brought these issues to life with examples from around the world. The next steps that should take place to advance this issue will also be on the agenda for the January meeting.
- BMBG work Plan. Members will outline for the BMBG Work Plan for 2015 – 2016. Some of our subcommittees are already working on this effort and we will bring it all together at the January BMBG meeting.
With over 100 APTA business members participating in the January meeting, it is an excellent venue to network with other business members regarding upcoming projects and partnership opportunities.
Please note we are meeting Monday - Wednesday this year.
All APTA business members are welcome and are encouraged to attend and participate in the meeting.
In addition, all of the APTA business member subcommittees will meet in conjunction with the BMBG annual business meeting. You can access an overview of the full meeting schedule HERE.
- Committee Meetings
- Welcome Reception
- BMBG Business Meeting All Day
- BMBG Business Meeting in Morning
- Golf Activities (optional) Afternoon
- Closing Dinner
Our meeting registration process has been updated. This year you will be able to register for the BMBG on APTA's website as we do for all other APTA meetings and conferences.
- $800 - member registration
- $400 - spouse/guest registration
Pay by Credit Card
Pay by Check
Committee meetings and agenda
The following subcommittees will meet on Monday, January 26th:
8 a.m. BMBG Budget Subcommittee - Vista A
8:30 a.m. Small Business Subcommittee - Vista B
10 a.m. Program Subcommittee - Vista A
11 a.m. Business Development Subcommittee - Vista B
1 p.m. Business Procurement Subcommittee - Vista B
2:30 p.m. Government Affairs Subcommittee - Vista B
4 p.m. Officers & Chairs Subcommittee - Vista A
Committee meeting agendas will be posted above one week before meeting.
Contact APTA's Beverly Hill at (202)496-4315