The 2016 Business Member Board of Governors' (BMBG) Annual Business Meeting is scheduled for January 19 - 22, 2016, at the Turtle Bay Resort, Kahuku, HI (turtlebayresort.com).
Please note we returning to our Wednesday - Friday meeting schedule.
About This Meeting
All APTA business members are welcome and encouraged to attend and participate in the BMBG Annual Business Meeting to help shape APTA’s private sector agenda for the next two years.
This meeting will focus on doing business in the transit industry and business member support for APTA’s transit advocacy efforts and other programs. Pat Scully, the newly elected chair of the BMBG, has outlined a number of topics and issues that will be central to the meeting agenda, including:
- National Day of Advocacy: Support for APTA Chair Phil Washington's April initiative, National Day of Advocacy, and development of an action plan that will bring significant private sector participation to carry APTA’s message to Congress.
- Legislative Program: Focus on the Legislative Program and the mid-term election results and identify the actions that Business Members can take to support reauthorization.
- Procurement and Jobs: We are once again dealing with a number of issues in this area. The issue of job creation in large rolling stock procurements and Buy America continue to be an issue for the private sector. This meeting is an opportunity to focus on private sector concerns regarding these issues and the role that APTA can play in addressing them.
- Innovative Financing: In the last two years, APTA’s business members had a leading role in the industry-wide discussion on ways to develop a more comprehensive approach to financing public transportation in the United States, and the role that the private sector can play. The International Practicum on Innovative Funding and Finance in June 2014 brought these issues to life with examples from around the world. The next steps that should be taken to advance this issue will be discussed.
- BMBG Work Plan: Members will outline for the BMBG Work Plan for 2015-2016. Some of our subcommittees are already working on this effort and we will bring it all together at this meeting.
All APTA business members are welcome and encouraged to attend and participate in the meeting. With over 100 APTA Business Members participating in this meeting, it is an excellent venue to network with other business members regarding upcoming projects and partnership opportunities.
In addition, all of the APTA business member subcommittees will meet in conjunction with this annual business meeting. You can access an overview of the full meeting schedule HERE.
Committee Meetings with lunch provided
- BMBG Business Meeting
- Tour of HART Rail Project in Honolulu (transportation provided)
- Heavy Reception in Honolulu
- BMBG Business Meeting
- Group Team Building
- Closing Dinner
Our meeting registration process has been updated. This year you will be able to register for the BMBG on APTA's website as we do for all other APTA meetings and conferences.
- $800 - member registration
- $400 - spouse/guest registration
Pay by Credit Card
Pay by Check
Committee meetings and agenda
The following subcommittees will meet on Monday, January 26th:
8 - 9 a.m. BMBG Budget Subcommittee - Masters Ballroom*
9 - 10 a.m. Small Business Subcommittee - Vista B*
10 - 11 a.m. Programs Subcommittee - Masters Ballroom *
11 a.m. - noon Business Development Subcommittee - Vista B
Noon - 1 p.m. Workforce Development Subcommittee - Masters Ballroom A
LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
1:30 - 3 p.m. Procurement Subcommittee - Vista B
3 - 4:30 p.m. Government Affairs Subcommittee - Vista B
4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Officers & Chairs Subcommittee - Masters Ballroom A
Committee meeting agendas will be posted above one week before meeting.
For those arriving to the BMBG Meeting early afternoon on Sunday, January 25th there will be an optional golf event for those who are interested. Play will be on the Champion Course, home of the PGA Tour's Honda Classic. Please advise Martha Coffin at APTA by December 20th of your interest in playing.
An optional golf tournament will be held on the Squire Course at the resort on Wednesday afternoon, January 28th. Fees for golf, lunch, rentals, taxes, etc. will be charged directly to guest room portfolios. Greens fees for the tournament are $205 plus tax. Please use this LINK to notify Martha that you will be playing golf.
If you fail to use a reserved tee time and we are not able to cancel or fill your reservation, you will be billed for the cost.
The PGA National Resort & Spa is full but we do have two over-flow hotels for you to choose from for your hotel stay. The are listed on the link to the left of this page (Hotel & Travel) just click on that link and it will take you to the page that lists the two hotels.
This year's meeting will be held at:
PGA National Resort & Spa (FULL)
400 Avenue of the Champions
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33418
Tel: (561) 627-2000
APTA has reserved a block of rooms at the cost of $259 per night. In light of the large turnouts we have had for recent meetings, please make your reservations now!
Your reservation must be received by the hotel before December 18, 2014. After this date, we cannot guarantee that your reservation can be accomodated.
If you have any problems making your reservations please contact APTA's Martha Coffin at 202-496-4832 or email@example.com.
Make Your Reservations
Please use the link below to make your hotel reservations. Please remember to reserve your room early as the block does fill quickly and we cannot guarantee a room after the cut-off date which is December 18, 2014. We recommend that you keep a copy of your hotel reservation confirmation.
Please note that the hotel's policy is that if cancellation of a room is not made within 7 (seven) days of scheduled check-in, there will be a one day cost charged to the credit card on file.
Contact: APTA's Mariela Garcia-Colberg at 202-496-4833