APTA is looking for cutting-edge ideas, case studies and best practices that touch on APTA's Strategic goals - Safety & Security, Resource Advocacy, Workforce Development, Demographic Shifts, and Technological Innovation.
When submitting your abstract, it should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation. Each submission must identify three main take-aways or messages the audience will learn.
We hope you will join the hundreds who are already planning to attend this premier event for the bus and paratransit industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must belong to an APTA member organization.
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the APTA website
- Abstracts must be 200 words or less (about a half page in length).
- Up to four co-authors may be listed per submission
- Selected authors must submit all requested materials by the designated deadline. Late submissions will risk being removed from the program.
- Although we suggest that you submit based on the topics identified, we also encourage submission of abstracts on topics that are not listed. If you have a topic that does not fall within one of the suggested sessions, please select "other" when submitting your abstract.
View tracks and descriptions of suggested topics
- Deadline: Wednesday, September 9, 2015.
- Abstracts due to APTA - Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Author notifications – Starting December 2015
- Technical papers due to APTA - April 22, 2016
- Technical papers and presentations posted online – After the conference
Submit Your Abstracts