APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies and best practices that will motivate participants beyond the conference. When submitting your presentation ideas or abstracts, your first paragraph should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation.
We hope you will join the hundreds who are already planning to attend this premier event for the bus and paratransit industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.
Guidelines for Presentation Ideas or Abstracts
Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must be an APTA member.
- Your presentation idea must relate to the route and/or topic you select.
- Presentation ideas or abstracts should be no more than 2000 characters (about a half page in length).
- APTA requests that submissions of ideas from businesses regarding public transportation agency projects acknowledge that their client properties have approved or will participate in writing the paper or making an oral presentation about its project at the bus & paratransit conference.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Monday, December 17, 2012.
- Presentation Ideas or Abstracts due to APTA (EXTENDED) – December 17, 2012
- Author Notifications – February 4, 2013
- Papers due to APTA – March 25, 2013
- Papers posted online – April 2013
Submit Your Presentation Ideas or Abstracts
The following APTA staff is available to answer any of your questions about the Call for Papers:
Program Manager, Call for Papers Process, APTA Bus & Paratransit Conference & International Bus Roadeo
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4875