APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies and best practices that will motivate participants beyond the conference.
When submitting your abstracts, your first paragraph should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation.
We hope you will join the hundreds who are already planning to attend this premier event for the bus and paratransit industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must belong to an APTA member organization.
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the APTA website
- Abstracts must be 200 words or less (about a half page in length).
- Up to four co-authors may be listed per submission
- Selected authors must submit a bio, presentation and/or technical paper by the designated deadline. Late submissions will risk being removed from the program.
- Although we suggest that you submit based on the topics identified, we also encourage submission of abstracts on topics that are not listed. If you have a topic that does not fall within one of the suggested sessions, please select "other" when submitting your abstract.
View tracks and descriptions of suggested topics
- Deadline: Monday, August 26, 2013.
- Abstracts due to APTA - August 26, 2013
- Author notifications – Beginning December 2013
- Bios due to APTA - February 3, 2014
- Technical papers due to APTA - March 24, 2014
- Technical papers and presentations posted online – May 2014
Submit Your Abstracts
The following APTA staff is available to answer any of your questions about the Call for Papers and Presentations:
Database Administrator, Technical Issues
email@example.com or (202) 496-4825
Director of Membership, Membership Questions
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4837
Program Manager, Call for Papers Process
email@example.com or (202) 496-4875