Lay of the Land
registration and conference sessions will be held at the Grand Sierra Resort(GSR). The Bus Display on
Monday, May 8, will be at the parking lot of the Grand Sierra Resort across from Sierra
Bay Aqua Golf. The Products and Services
Showcase on Tuesday, May 9, will be held in the Summit Pavilion of the Grand Sierra Resort.
Host Transit Agency
Commission of Washoe County (RTC) provides accessible transportation for the greater Reno/Sparks
area. Services include 26 RTC RIDE bus
routes, and RTC ACCESS paratransit service to get you where you need to go. GSR
also provides free shuttle service from the Reno Tahoe International Airport to
To plan your fixed
route trip, use our Google Transit Trip Planner located on our home page at www.rtcwashoe.com. Simply enter your
origin and destination. The tool then shows you how to get where you want to go
via RTC services. You may also contact customer service at 7754-348-RIDE (7433).
the conference, RTC ACCESS is offering free ADA paratransit services for
individuals with disabilities. Visitors who have a valid ADA paratransit ID
from other paratransit systems are eligible to use RTC ACCESS during their
visit. To register for those services in
advance, please call 775-348-0477 between 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday through
Friday. Once you are registered, to request your ride, you can call 775-348-5438
between 6 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and between 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
on weekends. RTC ACCESS is also accepting ride requests on Saturday,
May 6 and Sunday, May 7. Request for
rides must be received at least one day in advance, and no more than three days
in advance of the day of the requested ride.
From the Reno Tahoe
International Airport to the Grand Sierra Resort (Conference Headquarters
- A complimentary Hotel Shuttle provided by GSR operates daily from 5:15 AM to 12:15 AM. The shuttle picks up at the airport along the curb, outside the D Doors North of Baggage Claim. When you see your shuttle, please approach the vehicle and board. Be advised the shuttle may not stop in front of you.
- RTC RIDE Route 12 connects the airport with GSR.
- From baggage claim, exit outside, turn right, follow sidewalk around airport complex connecting to short path to Terminal Way. The Airport Plaza Hotel will be directly in front of you and across the street. Do not cross the street – the Bus Stop will be to your right.
- If you have the NextBus
Application, it is Route 12/Bus
Stop # 1945
- There are two bus stops
serving the GSR. Get off at the
bus stop adjacent to the Sports Book.
Grand Sierra Resort is located approximately 2 miles from the Reno Tahoe
International Airport. Taxi and UBER are available from the airport to GSR. The fare is approximately $7.00.
- Depart north
- Keep left onto road
- Keep right toward Terminal Way
- Bear Right onto Terminal Way (.8 miles)
- Turn left onto Mill St. (Quick Stop on the corner)
- Turn right at light at Bank of America (.3 miles)
- Follow road to hotel parking/lobby entrance
Host Information Desk
Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) will have a general information desk
at the APTA registration area at the Grand Sierra Resort. Staff from RTC will be available to answer
questions you may have regarding local sites, restaurants, social and cultural
activities, and to provide transportation information and maps. The host
information desk will be open the same hours as the APTA registration desk.