5/2/2010 - 5/5/2010
APTA’s Bus & Paratransit Conference is North America’s largest and most comprehensive learning experience for the bus and paratransit industry. It is designed to enhance the technical skills and increase the effectiveness of today’s bus and paratransit workforce. Gain valuable, usable, timely information on critical topics and innovative ideas facing the industry.
The 2010 conference included a series of interactive sessions, bus displays and a products and services showcase featuring the latest bus and paratransit vehicles, products and services. There was also be numerous opportunities to meet and network with industry leaders and colleagues from throughout North America.
Who Should Attend
The 2010 Bus & Paratransit Conference is a must-attend event for both seasoned professionals and those new to the industry. All bus and paratransit system personnel, board members, policy makers, suppliers, consultants and any other personnel involved with bus and paratransit design, construction, operations and maintenance.
Presentations (slideshows/PowerPoints) are now available for many of the sessions from the conference.
The 2010 Bus & Paratransit Conference premiered two exciting webcasts - Emergency Preparedness & Management...An "All Hazards" Approach and ITS and Information Technology Merging.
The recorded webcasts are available for purchase.
Walk & Roll
For those who were looking for an event that is fun, healthy and accessible - the Walk and Roll was the place to be on Tuesday afternoon! Sponsored by APTA, Easter Seals ProjectACTION, and our hosts for the 2010 Bus & Paratransit Conference, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, the goal is to promote an accessible event that is open to all regardless of disability and promotes health, wellness, and public awareness of the local disability community.
Sessions Requiring Advanced Registration
TCRP C-19 FuelCost2 Workshop - Tuesday, May 4 at 1:00 p.m.
This workshop will introduce you to FuelCost2, a newly developed Excel-based model designed to assist transit operators in their evaluation of fuel choices for new transit buses.
APTA Sessions Qualify APA Credit
The is proud to offer American Planning Association credit for 17 sessions. If you attend a session that has been approved, APTA staff will have an attendance sheet made available at the end of the session. You must sign the attendance sheet on site in order to get credit.
The following sessions will offer 1.5 CMs:
- Achieving Efficiencies through Better Planning
- Affordable Technologies
- BRT and ITS
- Bridges to Accessibility
- Celebrating and Looking Beyond the 20th Anniversary of the ADA
- Coordination and Partnership for Quality Service
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Success Stories - TransitStat & Branded Transportation Services
- Listening To and Learning From the Community
- Mobility Services for All Americans (MSAA)
- Partners in Mobility Management
- Planning Partnerships to Address Sustainability and Livability in Transportation Planning
- Priority Corridors (Bus Rapid Transit)
- Quality Service
- Sustainability and Urban Design Training
- Sustainable Transit: Going Green, Going Beyond
- TOD 101 Training
- Transitions: Integrating Paratransit Riders with Fixed - Route Services