Below are the guidelines for submitting an abstract for the 2011 Bus & Paratransit Conference & International Bus Roadeo.
APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies and best practices that will motivate participants beyond the conference. When writing your abstract, your first paragraph should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation. Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must be an APTA member.
- Your abstract must relate to the topic/session you select.
- Each abstract may address one session from the list of sessions although you may submit more than one abstract if multiple sessions interest you.
- All abstracts should be submitted online through the APTA web site, www.apta.com.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words or a half page including any charts and/or graphics.
- Submitters must adhere to the Friday, November 12, 2010 deadline.
- Unless notified otherwise, the person submitting is considered the primary author, contact, and presenter. Contact information for the primary author must be listed.
- Up to three co-authors may be listed per abstract.
Submitters are encouraged to address issues related to accessibility within chosen topics. Although we suggest that you submit based on the topics identified, we also encourage submission of abstracts on topics that are not listed. If you have a topic that does not fall within one of the suggested categories, please select "other" when submitting your abstracts.
Please note APTA requests that submissions of final papers from businesses regarding public transportation agency projects acknowledge that their client properties have approved or will participate in writing the paper or making an oral presentation about its project at the bus conference.
The following APTA staff are available to answer any of your questions:
Bus & Paratransit Conference & International Bus Roadeo
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4338
Call for Papers Process, Bus & Paratransit Conference & International Bus Roadeo
email@example.com or (202) 496-4875
We hope you will join the thousands who are already planning to attend this premier event for bus and paratransit industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.