Please note that the deadline for submitting abstracts for the 2012 conference has passed.
APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies and best practices that will motivate participants beyond the conference. When writing your abstract, your first paragraph should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation.
We hope you will join the hundreds who are already planning to attend this premier event for bus and paratransit industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must be an APTA member.
- Your abstract must relate to the route and/or topic you select.
- Abstracts should be no more than 2000 characters (about a half page in length).
- APTA requests that submissions of final papers from businesses regarding public transportation agency projects acknowledge that their client properties have approved or will participate in writing the paper or making an oral presentation about its project at the bus & paratransit conference.
- Submitters must adhere to the Monday, November 28 deadline.
- Abstracts due to APTA – November 28, 2011
- Author Notifications – January 28, 2012
- Papers due to APTA (deadline extended) – April 15, 2012
- Papers posted online – May 2012
Submit Your Abstract
- Abstracts are no longer being accepted for the 2012 Bus & Paratransit Conference
- View/Edit Your Abstracts for all conferences
The following APTA staff is available to answer any of your questions about the Call for Papers:
Program Manager, Call for Papers Process, APTA Bus & Paratransit Conference & International Bus Roadeo
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4875