The 2018 Bus and Paratransit Abstract Submission Process Is Now Closed. Please see the planning schedule below for upcoming important dates.
APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies, and best practices that touch on APTA's Strategic Goals - Safety & Security, Resource Advocacy, Workforce Development, Demographic Shifts, and Technological Innovation.
When writing your abstract, it should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation. Each submission must identify three main take-aways or messages the audience will learn.
We hope you will join those who are already planning to attend this premier event for the bus and paratransit industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organizations.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines that will help you with your submission.
- Submitters and speakers must be an APTA member
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the APTA website
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less (about a half page in length)
- Speakers must submit all requested materials by the deadline. Late submissions will risk being removed from the program.
- Must identify three main take-aways or messages the audience will learn.
- Abstracts due to APTA - Friday, November 10, 2017
- Speaker notifications – Starting mid-January 2018
- Presentations and technical papers (if written) due to APTA - Friday, April 20, 2018
- Presentations and technical papers posted online – Friday, May 18, 2018
Submit Your Abstracts