2015 ITS Transit Best Practices Workshop. APTA in conjunction with ITS America and with support from the USDOT is pleased to announce the next ITS Transit Best Practices Workshop. The workshop will be held November 12-13, 2015, at the Doubletree Atlanta Downtown in Atlanta, GA.
Transit agencies must compete against the automobile for customers. Technology, and in particular, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), have much to offer to drive customer focused innovations and increase attractiveness.
The objective of the workshop is to create a forum that brings together industry leaders among the transit systems using The objective of the workshop is to create a forum that brings together industry leaders among the transit systems using ITS, transit systems exploring innovative enhancements for their current / future systems, researchers exploring innovation, as well as the consultants and suppliers involved in the deployment of advanced technology. The objectives of the Workshop are to:
- Identify best practices and the state-of-the-art in developing customer-focused innovations through the use of technology, and in particular ITS.
- Enable a discussion among participants of potential benefits experience, and related challenges facing the transit industry in using technology to attract customers.
Themes to Be Explored:
- Advanced transit traveler information
- Use of ITS for enhanced / proactive operational control
- Connection protection
- Ticketing for customer convenience
- Technologies to enhance customer experience, etc.
Who Should Attend
- Transit systems exploring innovative enhancements for their current/future systems
- Consultants and suppliers involved in the deployment of ITS Transit