APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies, and best practices that touch on APTA's Strategic Goals - Safety & Security, Resource Advocacy, Workforce Development, Demographic Shifts, and Technological Innovation.
When writing your abstract, it should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation. Each submission must identify three main take-aways or messages the audience will learn.
We hope you will join those who are already planning to attend this premier event for rail industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organization.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines to help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must be an APTA member
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the APTA web site
- Abstracts must be 200 words or less (about a half page in length)
- Selected authors must submit all requested materials by the designated deadlines. Late submissions will risk being removed from the program.
- We highly suggest you submit based on the topics identified, but we also accept abstracts on topics that are not listed. If you have a topic that does not fall within one of the suggested categories, please select “other” when submitting your abstract.
- Abstracts due to APTA – Friday, November 4, 2016
- Author Notifications – starting mid-January 2017
- Presentations and technical papers due – Friday, May 26, 2017
- Presentations and technical papers posted online – Friday, June 30, 2017
Submit Your Abstract