- Deadline for submiting abstracts – November 23, 2010
- Deadline for submitting Final Technical Paper – March 25, 2011
- Speaker Reprint & Distribution Permission Notice – April 15, 2011
- Deadline for submitting Final PowerPoint Presentation to APTA – June 6, 2011
APTA staff advisors will be contacting moderators and speakers regarding their respective sessions will arrange for a conference call with all moderators and speakers to organize conference session.
Moderator & Speaker Guidelines
APTA's conference speakers and moderators are given the opportunity to shine in front of their peers and apply their knowledge and experience to create memorable conference programming for attendees. The following document contains helpful tips including the following:
- Explaining your role as a moderator or speaker
- What to expect from APTA staff to develop your session
- Understanding how APTA conference sessions are set-up (A/V set-up, etc)
- How to effectively moderate a panel of mulitple speakers
- Helpful tips to facilitate question and answer sessions
- Developing effective powerpoint presentations
- Tips to avoid pitfull will using visual aids
Download your copy of APTA's Moderator/Speaker Guidelines
Moderators/Speakers & A/V Preview Room
A room in the Marriott Boston Copley Place has been reserved daily from Sunday through Wednesday. Moderators are encouraged to use this room to meet informally with their speakers to go over last-minute details prior to the start of their sessions.
The room is equipped with a LCD projector. Moderators and speakers may use this room any time during the conference to preview their PowerPoint presentations. Technical assistance will be available by contacting the APTA registration desk. This room also serves as the location for all speakers’ to drop off final copies on their PowerPoint presentation thumb drives or CD Rom’s.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday, June 12
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 13
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 14
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15
8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
If you have questions regarding your presentation/session, please contact you session staff advisor or APTA's Cheryl Pyatt at email@example.com or (202) 496-4875.