Please note that the deadline for submitting abstracts for the 2012 conference has passed.
APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies, and best practices that will motivate participants beyond the conference.
When writing your abstract, your first paragraph should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation.
You are invited to join those who are already planning to attend this premier event for rail industry professionals and help everyone learn more about improving their rail services and organizations.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines to help you with your submission.
- Submitters (all authors and co-authors) must be APTA members. To become a member, please contact director of membership Helene Brett at email@example.com or (202) 496-4837.
- All abstracts should be submitted online through the APTA web site, www.apta.com.
- Abstracts should be no more than 2000 characters (about a half page in length)
- Members must submit abstracts by Friday, December 9, 2011.
- Up to four co-authors may be listed per abstract.
- Although we suggest that you submit based on the topics identified, we also encourage submission of abstracts on topics that are not listed. If you have a topic that does not fall within one of the suggested sessions, please select “other” when submitting your abstracts.
- Abstracts due to APTA – December 9, 2011
- Author Notifications – January 26, 2012
- Papers due to APTA (deadline extended) – May 6, 2012
- Papers posted online – June 2012
Submit Your Abstract
APTA staff is available to answer questions about the Call for Papers:
Program Manager, Call for Papers Process, Rail Conference
firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4875
email@example.com or (202) 496-4825