- Deadline for submiting abstracts – December 9, 2011
- Deadline for submitting Final Technical Paper – May 6, 2012
- Speaker Reprint & Distribution Permission Notice – May 6, 2012
- Speaker/Moderator Training Webinar – May 17, 2012
- Deadline for submitting Final PowerPoint Presentation to APTA – May 25, 2012
You can view the Call for Papers if you need additional information.
APTA staff advisors will contact moderators and speakers regarding their respective sessions and arrange for a conference call to organize the conference session.
Speaker/Moderator Training Webinar
Thursday, May 17, 2012
2-3 p.m. ET
APTA has scheduled a free webinar to assist speakers and moderators for the Bus & Paratransit Conference in providing the best presentation to APTA members and your industry peers. This event is great for first-time presenters and for seasoned professionals who are looking for a fresh, new way to update their presentation skills.
The moderators and speakers who participate in APTA's technical conferences have a major influence on the overall success of the educational sessions. Speakers and moderators have an opportunity to shine in front of their peers and apply knowledge, experience and skills to create a memorable educati onal experience.
We appreciate your participation in our conferences and hope this webinar is a useful tool. Thank you!
Moderator & Speaker Guidelines
APTA's conference speakers and moderators are given the opportunity to shine in front of their peers and apply their knowledge and experience to create memorable conference programming for attendees. The following document contains helpful tips including the following:
- Explaining your role as a moderator or speaker
- What to expect from APTA staff to develop your session
- Understanding how APTA conference sessions are set-up (A/V set-up, etc)
- How to effectively moderate a panel of mulitple speakers
- Helpful tips to facilitate question and answer sessions
- Developing effective powerpoint presentations
- Tips to avoid pitfull will using visual aids
Download your copy of APTA's Moderator/Speaker Guidelines
Moderators/Speakers & A/V Preview Room
The Baker Room, Atrium Level, in the Hyatt Regency Dallas has been reserved daily from Sunday through Wednesday. Moderators are encouraged to use this room to meet informally with their speakers to go over last-minute details prior to the start of their sessions.
The room is equipped with a LCD projector. Moderators and speakers may use this room any time during the conference to preview their PowerPoint presentations. Technical assistance will be available by contacting the APTA registration desk. This room also serves as the location for all speakers’ to drop off final copies on their PowerPoint presentation thumb drives or CD Rom’s.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday, June 3
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 4
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 5
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 6
8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
If you have questions regarding your presentation/session, please contact you session staff advisor or APTA's Cheryl Pyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 496-4875.