Encouraging student involvement is an important goal for APTA’s conferences and meetings. APTA’s Blue Ribbon Panel on Workforce Development has embraced the need to prepare the next generation of leaders within the public transportation industry. Faculty and students at local colleges and universities are invited to attend and are encouraged to participate in the conference programming.
The conference offers great opportunities for students to network and interact with a variety of professionals within the industry, participate in educational sessions, hear from industry experts, and browse products and services. This is also be an added benefit for members to network, market and recruit a new generation interested in careers within the transit industry.
Student registration is free and includes admission to:
- educational/technical sessions
- the International Rail Rodeo
- technical tours
To be eligible, the student must:
- be currently enrolled in a college or university
- present his or her current student ID when registering on site
How to Register
- Complete the registration form in advance and submit by fax or mail with a photocopy of your valid student ID
- Register on-site at the conference; please bring a valid student ID
For more information, please contact Cheryl Pyatt, Program Manager - Educational Services at firstname.lastname@example.org