8/2/2009 - 8/4/2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Join transit professionals from across the country for this 5th annual APTA Sustainability and Public Transportation Workshop focusing on “The Business Case for Sustainability”. This premier event focuses on best practices in sustainability within the transit industry and the role of public transportation in meeting federal, state and local sustainability goals such as increasing energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
This workshop highlights cutting-edge energy efficient, economically sound, and socially responsibility responsible developments and practices. Hear from a variety of speakers, including APTA Sustainability Commitment signatories, with real world experience. Learn how public agencies and private companies can save money and improve efficiency, lessen environmental impacts and promote strategies that encourage public transit use. Understand what opportunities there are to partner with the federal government and what good models exist for partnering at state and local levels. Last but not least, see firsthand what Salt Lake City and its surroundings are doing to make their city and region more sustainable and integrate smart transit and land-use policies.
For more information contact Rich Weaver at email@example.com or Petra Mollet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend?
- Transit board members
- Transit system chief executive officers
- Professionals in planning, operations, engineering and capital construction
- Individuals who promote sustainable development and livable communities
- Suppliers and consultants interested in providing "green" services
APTA wishes to thank the following full sponsors for making this workshop a success:
APTA's Vision Statement
- Be the leading force in advancing public transportation.
APTA's Mission Statement
- To strengthen and improve public transportation, APTA serves and leads its diverse membership through advocacy, innovation, and information sharing.
APTA's Policy on Diversity
- APTA recognizes the importance of diversity for conference topics and speakers and is committed to increasing the awareness of its membership on diversity issues.
- APTA welcomes ideas and suggestions on how to strengthen its efforts to meet these important diversity objectives.