An Annual Awards Program Recognizing Excellence in the Public Transportation Industry
Called the “best of the best” of the public transportation industry, the APTA Award winners are outstanding role models of excellence, leadership, and innovation whose accomplishments have greatly advanced public transportation.
Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement Awards
- Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority (NAIPTA), Flagstaff, AZ (Category: Providing 4 million or fewer annual passenger trips)
- Interurban Transit Partnership (The Rapid), Grand Rapids, MI (Category: Providing more than 4 million but fewer than 20 million annual passenger trips)
- GO Transit (GO), Toronto, Canada (Category: Providing 20 million or more annual passenger trips)
State Distinguished Service Award
- U.S. Senator Daniel K. Inouye (1924 - 2012)
Outstanding Public Transportation Board Member Award
- Randall D. Chrisman, Board Member, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), Dallas, TX
Outstanding Public Transportation Business Manager
- Charles R. Wochele, Managing Partner/Owner, TransitConsult LLC, Rochester, NY
Outstanding Public Transportation Manager
- Phillip A. Washington, General Manager/CEO, Regional Transportation District, Denver, CO
Hall of Fame
- William W. Millar
- Richard J. Simonetta
Past APTA Awards
View a list of previous APTA Award winners in each category from 1983 to 2012.
View the PDFs below to learn more about the organizations and individuals that have been honored with APTA Awards in recent years.
Hall of Fame
View a list of enductees to APTA's Hall of Fame.