Entry deadline: Friday, October 24, 2014
The American Public Transportation Association is hosting its 15th Annual Photo Invitational for the 2015 APTA Calendar.
This year’s theme of the 15th Annual Photo Invitational is “Where Public Transportation Goes, Community Grows.”
Send us your best, high-resolution photos of customers using public transportation in your community and your fellow co-workers involved in your agency or organization's mission.
Whether it is creating more livable communities, providing access to seniors and the disabled, or one of the many other benefits public transportation provides to America, such as energy independence, economic vitality or environmental benefits, we have a great story to tell – and we need your help to tell it.
Winning entries will be featured in the 2015 APTA Calendar.
Enter the Photo Invitational
The deadline for entering is Friday, October 24, 2014. All photos must be submitted via our online entry form. You must be logged in to MyAPTA to complete the form (anyone can register for a free account on our website).
If you have questions, please contact Chris Martin at email@example.com or 202-496-4882.
- The deadline for submitting photo entries has passed. Only those who entered photos that are chosen for the calendar will be contacted. Winners will be contacted by Monday, November 10.
How to Take a Winning Photo
Winning photos show the benefits of public transportation in your community and ones that include customers and personnel. We are looking for photos that show people getting to work, appointments, school, events, or countless other destinations; communities rallying around transit; or the economic benefits with new construction and transit-related jobs.
The best photos depict public transportation vehicles in action with the community and transit employees and are in a variety of natural working conditions for public transportation that depicts seasonal activities, promotions, special events, and diverse weather conditions.
Finally, photos should capture human emotion and make the connection of how people or communities benefit from public transportation.
And finally, be creative and have fun!
- Anyone can enter the APTA Photo Invitational. Photos may be submitted either by the individual photographer or by a transit agency or other organization with rights to the photos.
- Photos must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, October 24, 2014.
- There is no entry fee.
- There is no limit on the number of photos that can be submitted by each entrant.
- Entries must be submitted via the online entry form on apta.com, and photos must be submitted in digital format in high resolution. Acceptable formats include .jpeg, .jpg or .gif.
- By entering the contest, you are giving the American Public Transportation Association a royalty-free, non-exclusive perpetual worldwide license to use your photos. Photos may be used by APTA in a variety of forms besides the APTA calendar.
- Entries with hired actors prominently featured must be accompanied by a signed photo release.
Entries with hired actors prominently featured must be accompanied by a signed photo release. A sample release form is provided below. Please include the signed form as an additional attachment to your submission, or fax to: 202-496-4321, Attn: Chris Martin.