Entry deadline: October 25, 2013
The American Public Transportation Association is hosting its 14th Annual Photo Invitational for the 2014 APTA Calendar.
This year’s theme of the 14th Annual Photo Invitational is “America's future is riding on public transportation.” This is also the theme chosen for our industry by this year’s APTA Chair Peter Varga, CEO of Interurban Transit Partnership (The RAPID).
Send us your best high quality photos of your customers riding your public transit system and your fellow co-workers preparing for the future.
The invitational seeks photos that depict public transportation’s significance, value and benefits of opportunity, access, freedom, and mobility, which enable everyone in the community to accomplish what is important to them, all the while making communities stronger and more vibrant.
Whether it is creating more livable communities, providing access to seniors and the disabled, or one of the many other benefits public transportation provides to America, such as energy independence, economic vitality or environmental benefits, we have a great story to tell – and we need your help to tell it.
Winning entries will be featured in the 2014 APTA Calendar.
Enter the Photo Invitational
The deadline for entering is October 25, 2013. All photos must be submitted via our online entry form. You must be logged in to MyAPTA to complete the form (anyone can register for a free account on our website).
If you have questions, please contact Chad Chitwood at email@example.com or 202-496-4841.
How to Take a Winning Photo
Winning photos show the benefits of public transportation, whether it is people getting to work, appointments, school, events or countless other destinations; or communities rallying around transit at events; or the economic benefits with new construction and transit related jobs.
The best photos depict public transportation vehicles in action with the community and transit employees and are in a variety of natural working conditions for public transportation that depicts seasonal activities, promotions, special events, and diverse weather conditions.
Finally, photos should capture human emotion and make the connection of how people or communities benefit from public transportation.
And finally be creative and have fun!
- Anyone can enter the APTA Photo Invitational. Photos may be submitted either by the individual photographer, or by a transit agency or other organization with rights to the photos.
- Photos must be received by October 25, 2013.
- There is no entry fee
- There is no limit on the number of photos that can be submitted by each entrant.
- Entries must be submitted via the online entry form on apta.com, and photos must be submitted in digital format. Acceptable formats include .jpeg, .jpg or .gif.
- By entering the contest, you are giving the American Public Transportation Association a royalty-free, non-exclusive perpetual worldwide license to use your photos. Photos may be used by APTA in a variety of forms besides the APTA calendar.
- Entries with hired actors prominently featured must be accompanied by a signed photo release.
Entries with hired actors prominently featured must be accompanied by a signed photo release. A sample release form is provided below. Please include the signed form as an additional attachment to your submission, or fax to: 202-496-4321, Attn: Mantill Williams.