The US/China Transportation Forum (TF) was launched in December 2008 in Beijing, China by the US Department of Transportation Office of the Secretary, and the Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China
Mark your calendars! The 5th Annual U.S.-China Transportation Forum will take place in China in December 2012!
4th Annual U.S.-China Transportation Forum and Urban Congestion Working Group Workshop
January 10-13, 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
- Overview of FTA Financing
Rita Daguillard, FTA:
- FTA Grant Making Management and Oversight
Mokhtee Ahmad and Cindy Terwilliger, FTA
- Urban Public Transport Development Strategic Priorties in China
Li Zuomin, China Academy of Transportation Sciences
- Overview of General Disability Issues in U.S. Transportation
W.C. Pihl and Dwight Sayer, MV Transportation
- Perspective of Urban Metro Transit Development in China
Jiang Yulin, China Academy of Transportation Sciences
- Overview of BRT in the U.S.
Alan Danaher, Parsons Brinckerhoff:
- Overview of BRT in Beijing
Zhang Dexin, Beijing Transport Research and Development Center:
- Urban Public Transportation Standardization
Jeff Hiott, APTA:
- U.S. National Transit Database
Michael Winter and Cindy Terwilliger, FTA
- Urban Congestion Working Group Workshop Chair Report Out
Rita Daguillard, FTA
- Urban Congestion Working Group Workshop Industry Report Out
Julia Walker, APTA
3rd Annual U.S./China Transportation Forum
December 9-10, 2010
Led by USDOT Deputy Secretary John Porcari and by Chinese Vice Minister WENG Mengyong, topics covered included rail, transit, waterborne, highways, and several other modes of transportation.
While the TF has been Government to Government gatherings in the past, the private sector from both the US and China were invited to participate at this year’s TF for the first time. US and Chinese companies had opportunities to be involved in the Forum, as well as the additional Urban Transportation Business Roundtable immediately following the TF.