Public transportation plays a significant role in finding solutions to the numerous challenges facing America today. Whether it's more jobs, a cleaner environment, energy independence or a better quality of life; Public Transportation Takes Us There!
We are seeking a diverse group of 50 students from across the county to participate in the 2015 APTA Youth Summit to Advance Public Transportation being held in Washington, DC, June 2015. Students will explore the environmental benefits of public transportation; how communities as a whole can prosper with increased services; the role local and federal policies play in public transit usage; and career opportunities in the transit industry.
If you will be a rising high school junior or senior in the Fall of 2015, please submit an application today and join your peers from across America as they come together in Washington, D.C. Completed Applications Due: April 27, 2015
Click Here for the application. Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 202-496-4323
With this all expenses paid opportunity, you will:
- Experience five days in the Nation's Capital
- Meet lawmakers and congressional leaders
- Participate in hands-on local transit tours
- Discover the wide range of exciting career paths within the transit industry
- Learn how public transportation is helping shape a brighter future
- All expenses paid for the students by APTA
- Students will reside in university campus housing
For more information, please contact: Educational Services Coordinator, Mariah Stanley at 202-496-4818 or firstname.lastname@example.org