The Security Standards Policy & Planning Committee membership consists of the CIO's, Chiefs of emergency management, safety & security, Police, IT and IS security directors, risk management directors, technology managers, software developers, cybersecurity analyst and program managers, (or designee) of each operating or planned transit system.
Under the governance of the Standards Development Oversight Council (SDOC), the Security Standards Policy and Planning Committee performs the following functions:
- sets the broad policy to be followed by the Security Transit Standards Technical Advisory Group;
- approves the advisory group’s annual budget
- approves major changes to the budget (if required)
- approves the advisory group’s priorities
- appoints the advisory group’s chair and vice chair
- appoints a steering committee representative to the advisory group
- and authorizes implementation of documents approved by the advisory group.
Membership of the Security Standards Policy & Planning Committee is by appointment only.
Please note that access to each working group site is restricted to working group members.