Certification for Conference Sessions
APTA is currently offering certification hours for the following organizations. Please refer to the program of each conference for specific conference details.
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Based in Washington, D.C., the AIA has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857. With nearly 300 state and local chapters, the AIA serves as the voice of the architecture profession and the resource for our members in service to society. APTA provides learning units (LU) for specialized sessions.
American Planning Association(APA)
AICP is the American Planning Association’s professional institute, providing recognized leadership nationwide in the certification of professional planners, ethics, professional development, planning education, and the standards of planning practice. APTA provides certification maintenance hours (CM) for specialized sessions.
Universal Public Procurement Certification Council(UPPCC)
The Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) is an independent entity formed to govern and administer the Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) and Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification programs. The CPPO and CPPB programs are highly regarded and respected among procurement professionals and employers involved in the public sector. To date, the UPPCC has certified well over 10,000 professionals primarily within the US and Canada, but in other nations around the globe. APTA provides contact hours for specialized sessions which can be used for certification or re-certification.
2018 Bus & Paratransit Conference Approved Sessions
Certification Maintenance Hours for Planners
Monday, May 7
- BRT Planning and Prioritization (10 – 11:30 a.m.) – 1.5 CM
- TOD and Economic Development (with BRT in mind) (2 – 3:30 p.m.) – 1.5 CM
Tuesday, May 8
- Design with Bus Transit in Mind (9:30 – 11 a.m.) – 1.5 CM
MOBILITY MANAGEMENT TUESDAY SESSIONS:
- Mobility on Demand for All: Facing the Equity Challenge (9:30 – 10:45 a.m.) – 1.25 CM
- Innovative Access and Mobility (10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.) – 1.5 CM
- First/Last Mile Solutions (1:30 – 2:45 p.m.) – 1.25 CM
- Autonomous Buses (2:45 – 4:30 p.m.) – 1.75 CM
Hours for Procurement Professionals
Transit Procurement Hot Topics (2 – 3:30 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
Tuesday, May 8
Diversity and Procurement — Hand in Hand (1:30 – 3 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
Innovation in Transit Procurement (9:30 – 11 a.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- For more information contact APTA’s Cheryl Pyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org