Saturday, May 14
1 – 5 p.m.
The goal of this National Transit Institute course is to teach transit professionals the legal background of ADA and paratransit requirements. The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit services and the ADA.
• ADA legal requirements that apply to public and private transportation related entities
• 14 service provisions documented in 49 CFR Part 37, Subpart G
• Requirements to determine if a public or private entity must provide complementary paratransit service
• Criteria for complementary paratransit service
• Requirements for existing and new transportation facilities
• Compliance and enforcement responsibilities of FTA, DOT, and DOJ
• Responsibilities and compliance procedures for public and private entities
• Enforcement and investigation processes, including hearings, decisions, and notices
- Paul J. Larrousse, Vice Chair, Higher Education Subcommittee; Director, National Transit Institute Rutgers, The State Univ. of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ