Lay of the Land
Committee meetings,registration and conference sessions will be held at the Grand Sierra Resortand Casino (GSR). The Bus Display onMonday, May 8, will be at the Grand Sierra Resort across from SierraBay Aqua Golf. The Products and ServicesShowcase on Tuesday, May 9, will be held at the GrandSierra Resort, Grand Ballroom.
Host Transit Agency
Regional TransportationCommission of Washoe County (RTC) provides accessible transportation for the greater Reno/Sparksarea. Services include 26 RTC RIDE busroutes, and RTC ACCESS paratransit service to get you where you need to go. GSRalso provides free shuttle service from the Reno Tahoe International Airport totheir Resort.
To plan your fixedroute trip, use our Google Transit Trip Planner located on our home page at www.rtcwashoe.com. Simply enter yourorigin and destination. The tool then shows you how to get where you want to govia RTC services. You may also contact customer service at 7754-348-RIDE (7433).
Duringthe conference, RTC ACCESS is offering free ADA paratransit services forindividuals with disabilities. Visitors who have a valid ADA paratransit IDfrom other paratransit systems are eligible to use RTC ACCESS during theirvisit. To register for those services inadvance, please call 775-348-0477 between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday throughFriday. Once you are registered, to request your ride, you can call 775-348-5438between 6 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and between 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.on weekends. RTC ACCESS is also accepting ride requests on Saturday,May 6 and Sunday, May 7. Request forrides must be received at least one day in advance, and no more than three daysin advance of the day of the requested ride.
Public Transportationfrom Airport
From the Reno TahoeInternational Airport to the Grand Sierra Resort (Conference HeadquartersHotel):
- A complimentary Hotel Shuttle provided by GSR operates daily from 5:15 AM to 12:15 AM. The shuttle picks up at the airport along the curb, outside the D Doors North of Baggage Claim. When you see your shuttle, please approach the vehicle and board. Be advised the shuttle may not stop in front of you.
- RTC RIDE Route 12 connects the airport with GSR.
- From baggage claim, exit outside, turn right, follow sidewalk around airport complex connecting to short path to Terminal Way. The Airport Plaza Hotel will be directly in front of you and across the street. Do not cross the street – the Bus Stop will be to your right.
- If you have the NextBus Application, it is Route 12/Bus Stop # 1945
- There are two bus stops serving the GSR. Get off at the bus stop adjacent to the Sports Book.
TheGrand Sierra Resort is located approximately 2 miles from the Reno TahoeInternational Airport. Taxi and UBER are available from the airport to GSR. The fare is approximately $7.00.
- Depart north
- Keep left onto road
- Keep right toward Terminal Way
- Bear Right onto Terminal Way (.8 miles)
- Turn left onto Mill St. (Quick Stop on the corner)
- Turn right at light at Bank of America (.3 miles)
- Follow road to hotel parking/lobby entrance
Host Information Desk
TheRegional Transportation Commission (RTC) will have a general information deskat the APTA registration area at the Grand Sierra Resort. Staff from RTC will be available to answerquestions you may have regarding local sites, restaurants, social and culturalactivities, and to provide transportation information and maps. The hostinformation desk will be open the same hours as the APTA registration desk.