Certification for Conference Sessions
APTA is currently offering certification hours for the following organizations. Please refer to the program of each conference for specific conference details.
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Based in Washington, D.C., the AIA has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857. With nearly 300 state and local chapters, the AIA serves as the voice of the architecture profession and the resource for our members in service to society. APTA provides learning units (LU) for specialized sessions.
American Planning Association (APA)
AICP is the American Planning Association’s professional institute, providing recognized leadership nationwide in the certification of professional planners, ethics, professional development, planning education, and the standards of planning practice. APTA provides certification maintenance hours (CM) for specialized sessions.
Registered Continuing Education Provider (RCEP)
The Registered Continuing Education Provider (RCEP) is a nationwide portal for education and career recordkeeping. It is a merger of quality education providers and engineers, surveyors, and related Architecture/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry professionals into one comprehensive education management system. RCEP is a one-stop solution for keeping you up-to-date with continuing education requirements, finding educational offerings from quality providers, and managing your continuing education activities – anytime, anywhere. APTA provides professional development hours (PDH) for specialized sessions.
Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC)
The Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) is an independent entity formed to govern and administer the Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) and Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification programs. The CPPO and CPPB programs are highly regarded and respected among procurement professionals and employers involved in the public sector. To date, the UPPCC has certified well over 10,000 professionals primarily within the U.S. and Canada, but in other nations around the globe. APTA provides contact hours for specialized sessions which can be used for certification or re-certification.
2018 Rail Conference Approved Sessions
Certification Maintenance Hours for Planners and Architects
- Station Area Access Planning (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 CM
- Prioritizing Rail in the Region (4:30 – 6 p.m.) – 1.5 CM
- TOD Planning & Practice (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 CM
- Navigating the Environmental Process (4 – 5:30 p.m.) – 1.5 CM
- Sustainability & Resiliency Strategies (8 – 9:15 a.m.) – 1.25 CM
Professional Development Hours for Engineering Professionals
Monday, June 11
- Authorized Channels: Connectivity & Electromagnetic Interference (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- PTC: Facing the Mirror (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- Preventing Miscommunication with Your Signaling System (4:30 – 5:30 p.m.) – 1 PDH
- The Tracks of Tomorrow, Today! (4:30 – 6 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- Rail Activation Roundtable: Doing it the Right Way! (8:30 – 10 a.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- Maintenance: Failure to Foresight (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- Greener Pastures? – Leveraging Existing Systems & the Potential Benefits of New Technologies (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- Unlimited Power! – Traction Power Innovation (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.) – 1 PDH
- Vehicle-Track Interaction (4 – 5:30 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- PTC: Challenge Excepted (4 – 5:30 p.m.) – 1.5 PDH
- The March of Progress – What am I Signing Up for? (8 – 9:15 a.m.) – 1.25 PDH
- Moving Mountains in Bits and Bytes (9:30 – 10:45 a.m.) – 1.25 PDH
Contact Hours for Procurement Professionals
- An International Perspective on Best Value (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.) – 1.5 hrs
Tuesday, June 12
- How Fragile is Your Supply Chain? (8:30 – 10 a.m.) – 1.5 hrs
Share your question via the continuing education feedback form
or contact José Reyes at (202) 496-4848.