Moderator & Speaker Guidelines
APTA’s conference speakers and moderators are given the opportunity to shine in front of their peers and apply their knowledge and experience to create memorable conference programming for attendees. The following document contains helpful tips including the following:
- Explaining your role as a moderator or speaker
- What to expect from APTA staff to develop your session
- Understanding how APTA conference sessions are set-up (A/V set-up, etc)
- How to effectively moderate a panel of multiple speakers
- Helpful tips to facilitate question and answer sessions
- Developing effective PowerPoint presentations
- Tips to avoid pitfall will using visual aids
Moderators/Speakers & A/V Preview Room
The AV Speaker room has been reserved daily from Sunday through Wednesday. Moderators are encouraged to use this room to meet informally with their speakers to go over last-minute details prior to the start of their sessions.
The room is equipped with a LCD projector. Moderators and speakers may use this room any time during the conference to preview their PowerPoint presentations. Technical assistance will be available by contacting the APTA registration desk.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday, June 10
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 11
7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 12
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 13
- 8 – 10:30 a.m.
APTA staff advisors will contact moderators and speakers regarding their respective sessions and arrange for a conference call to organize the conference session.
If you have questions regarding your presentation/session, please contact you session staff advisor or APTA’s Senior Program Manager Confereces & Programs Saahir Brewington 202.496.4834 or email@example.com.