APTA is committed to the health and safety of all our guests, and as such, proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is required for this event. If providing a negative test, the earliest the test may be administered is Thursday, December 1.
Proof of vaccination can be verified with one of the following:
- CDC vaccination card
- Digital image of your CDC card
- Image of any official immunization record
- Passport type system that stores your vaccination record such as CLEAR or any other app
Please feel free to contact Marcus Eng at APTA with any questions.
Verifying Health Information through CLEAR Health Pass
Step 1: Enroll in CLEAR
- Use this link to download the CLEAR app to get started. You can also tap “Get Started” on the white Health Pass tile and enter the code APTA2022
- Tap “Enroll or verify in CLEAR” to create your CLEAR member account
- New to CLEAR? Enter your email address, phone number, and have your government-issued ID ready to complete enrollment
- Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to verify your identity
- Please enroll in CLEAR before you arrive at the TRANSform Conference for the simplest experience.
Step 2: Select your health screening path
- Select “COVID-19 Vaccination” OR “COVID-19 Test”
- If you select “COVID-19 Vaccination,” follow the prompts to securely confirm your proof of vaccination. To add your one-time proof of vaccination, you can securely link to your vaccine provider, scan a SMART QR code or upload your CDC card. Check out this tutorial if you need help.
- If you select “COVID-19 Test,” get tested within 72 hours prior to Sunday, October 9. The earliest tests may be administered is Thursday, October 6. Follow the instructions to securely link your testing provider with CLEAR to upload your COVID-19 test results. COVID-19 test providers that integrate directly with the CLEAR app include Quest, Labcorp, BioReference, CVS or Vault Health. Check out the CLEAR app to see the full list of testing providers.
Step 3: Complete the following steps before you arrive at the event:
- Open the CLEAR app and tap on “American Public Transportation Association 2022” in the white Health Pass tile.
- Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Green means you’re good to go! Be sure to have this result ready to show upon arrival at the event.
Having trouble with Health Pass? Reach out to the CLEAR team by tapping “get in tough” on the mobile app or call 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763).
With CLEAR, you are always in control of your information. American Public Transportation Association only receives confirmation that an attendee satisfied the requirements for access with the equivalent of a red or green result — and never has access to an individual’s private health data through CLEAR. For further information on how CLEAR protects user data see the member terms here.
On August 4, 2022, the White House declared Monkeypox a public health emergency. We ask all meeting participants cooperate in taking steps to reduce the likelihood of transmission of monkeypox at APTA events by:
- Not attending APTA events when you are sick
- Avoiding people who are sick with monkeypox symptoms
- Washing your hands or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer frequently
- Avoiding close physical contact with other event participants, such as handshakes or hugs
- Getting vaccinated if recommended by your health care provider
For more information on the signs, symptoms, transmission and prevention of Monkeypox, please visit the CDC website.