This section lists the latest in proposed and enacted federal regulations affecting the public transportation industry. You can view documents related to regulatory processes including notices, comments, final rules, and associated references.
How to View Documents & Submit Comments
- To view proposed rules and notices:
Click on the topic name.
- To review APTA draft or final comments:
Click on the date listed in the APTA comments column.
- To review comments received by the FTA from all parties and submit your own comments:
Visit www.regulations.gov and search by docket number or keyword to find the appropriate rule or notice.
- To submit content to APTA or discuss the draft APTA comments:
Contact Linda Ford at email@example.com
- To submit comments directly to the FTA:
Follow the directions in the notice.
Rulemaking Conference Calls:
Please stay tuned for future rulemaking conference calls.
Current Rulemaking Issues
Select a topic from the list below for related information. Within each chart the most current item is listed first, descending to the earliest item. You can also click on the issue areas listed on the left to view additional rules and notices.
- CEQ-2018-0001: Update to the Regulations for Implementing the Procedural Provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act: ANPRM
- FRA Safety Advisory: Addressing Electrode-Induced Rail Pitting From Pressure Electric Welding
- FTA: NOFO: Solicitation of Project Proposals for the National Center for Mobility Management
- FTA: FY 2018 Apportionments, Allocations, Program Information and Guidance
- FTA: FY 2018 Competitive Funding Opportunity: Grants for Buses and Bus Facilities Infrastructure Investment Program
- FTA: FY 2017 Grants for Buses and Bus Facilities Infrastructure Investment Program
- FTA: FY 2018 Competitive Funding Opportunity: Pilot Program for TransitOriented Development Planning
- FTA FY 2018 Competitive Funding Opportunity: Low or No Emission Grant Program
- OST Notice of Funding Opportunity for the Dept. of Transportation’s National Infrastructure Investments Under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018
- FRA-2009-0033: Final Rule_Training, Qualification, and Oversight for Safety-Related Railroad Employees
- USTR-2018-0005: Notice of Determination and Request for Public Comment Concerning Proposed Determination of Action Pursuant to Section 301: China’s Acts, Policies, and Practices Related to Technology Transfer, Intellectual Property, and Innovation
- Adjustment of MAP-21 Performance Measure Reporting Period by One Year_AASHTO, APTA, and AMPO Letter to Secretary Chao