APTA is looking for fresh, innovative, cutting-edge ideas, case studies, and best practices that touch on APTA's Strategic Goals - Safety & Security, Resource Advocacy, Workforce Development, Demographic Shifts, and Technological Innovation.
When writing your abstract, it should address what need, problem, or issue you are proposing to present and why it is important to public transportation. Each submission must identify three main take-aways or messages the audience will learn.
We hope you will join those who are already planning to attend this premier event for rail industry professionals and help them learn the best practices they need to improve their transit agencies and organization.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Below are guidelines to help you with your submission.
- Submitters (authors and co-authors) must be an APTA member
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the APTA web site
- Abstracts must be 200 words or less (about a half page in length)
- Selected authors must submit all requested materials by the designated deadlines. Late submissions will risk being removed from the program.
- Abstracts due to APTA – Friday, November 10, 2017
- Author Notifications – starting late-January 2018
- Presentations and technical papers due – Friday, May 20, 2018
- Presentations and technical papers posted online – Mid July 2018
Submit Your Abstract