Wednesday, June 18, 1:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Key Federal Transit Administration staff will discuss rating projects under the new MAP-21 evaluation process as described in the New and Small Starts Evalulation and Rating Process Final Rule and the August, 2013 Final Guidance. In addition, FTA will discuss questions regarding performance planning and environmental provisions as they relate to project development. Finally, FTA staff will engage participants in a listening session during which FTA will seek the industry's thoughts about MAP-21 Section 5309 provisions that are subject to upcoming interim policy guidance and future rulemaking:
- New and Small Start steps in the process
- New and Small Starts congestion relief measure
- Core capacity
- Program of interrelated projects
- Pilot program for expedited project delivery
- Process for an expedited technical capacity review
The workshop and listening session is open to all APTA Rail Conference registrants; however, advance registration is required. Please register separately for this workshop here.