Certification for Conference Sessions
APTA is currently offering certification hours for the following organizations.
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Based in Washington, D.C., the AIA has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857. With nearly 300 state and local chapters, the AIA serves as the voice of the architecture profession and the resource for our members in service to society. APTA provides learning units (LU) for specialized sessions.
American Planning Association (APA)
AICP is the American Planning Association's professional institute, providing recognized leadership nationwide in the certification of professional planners, ethics, professional development, planning education, and the standards of planning practice. APTA provides certification maintenance hours (CM) for specialized sessions.
Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC)
The Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) is an independent entity formed to govern and administer the Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) and Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification programs. The CPPO and CPPB programs are highly regarded and respected among procurement professionals and employers involved in the public sector. To date, the UPPCC has certified well over 10,000 professionals primarily within the US and Canada, but in other nations around the globe. APTA provides contact hours for specialized sessions which can be used for certification or re-certification.
2016 Bus Conference Approved Sessions
Certification Maintenance Hours for Planners
Monday, May 16
- BUS RAPID TRANSIT (BRT) TUESDAY (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.) 3.5 CM
- Improving Mobility through Increased Coordination (9:30 - 11 a.m.) 1.5 CM
- Complete Streets and Complete Trip (10:15 - 11:45 a.m.) 1.5 CM
- Reimagining Your Agency's Transit Services (1:30 - 3 p.m.) 1.5 CM
- Regional Transportation Planning (1:30 - 3 p.m.) 1.5 CM
Tuesday, May 17
Wednesday, May 18
- Implementing Title VI/Environmental Justice Requirements (8 - 9:30 a.m.) 1.5 CM
- Sustainability & Resiliency in Action (8 - 9:30 a.m.) 1.5 CM
Contact Hours for Procurement Professionals
Tuesday, May 16
- Cooperative Procurement (10:15 - 11:45 a.m.) 1.5 PDH
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (2:30 - 4 p.m.) 1.5 PDH
Wednesday, May 18
Lowering the Cost and Minimizing the Complications of Your Next Bus Procurement (8 - 9:30 a.m.) 1.5 PDH
- For more information contact APTA’s Cheryl Pyatt at email@example.com or 202-496-4875.