The 2012 Transit Board Members Seminar & Board Support Employee Development Workshop is scheduled for July 21-24, 2012 (Saturday-Tuesday), at the Sheraton Atlanta in Atlanta, GA.
Attend This Event
- Pre-registration has closed, but you can still register on-site at the event.
- Hotel reservations at Sheraton Atlanta are no longer available at APTA's discount rate, but you can still make reservations at their regular room rate.
- The Schedule Overview & preliminary programs have been posted. Find out more about the sessions and speakers for this year's event.
Board Support Program Preview
For a sneak peek at the workshop content, view this webinar presentation by Tami Gaines, who will be leading sessions over all three days of the workshop.
Sunday Evening, July 22 • 6 to 9 p.m.
MARTA has made arrangements for APTA Transit Board Members, Board Support Employees and their guests to enjoy a very special evening inside the world’s largest aquarium after the public has gone home!
- Early Fee Deadline – passed
- Hotel Reservations (for group rate) – passed
- Refund Deadline – passed
- Deadline for your name on Registration List – passed
- Pre-registration Ends – passed
- On-site Registration – July 21-24, 2012
About This Event
Professional development sessions focus on public transportation board members’ policy and governance roles as well as the support functions.
Educational sessions are offered in areas such as the board’s fiduciary responsibility, planning, succession and work with the chief executive, ethics, legislative advocacy, community partnerships, open records, and more.
Who should attend: board members and commissioners of transit systems and clerks of the board.