The Legislative Committee is responsible for developing consensus recommendations about federal legislative activity including transit authorization legislation, annual appropriation legislation, Administration initiatives, and regulatory matters.
The committee formulates policy recommendations both in response to federal initiatives and to propose guidance for federal actions.
Legislative policies are developed from its subcommittees and the full committee before being recommended to the APTA Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Business Member Legislative Subcommittee
- Commuter Rail & Intercity Legislative Subcommittee
- Federal Procedures & Regulations Legislative Subcommittee
- Funding, Finance & Tax Policy Legislative Subcommittee
- Intergovernmental Issues Legislative Subcommittee
- Small Operations Legislative Subcommittee
- Transit Board Members Legislative Subcommittee