The Legislative Committee is responsible for developing consensus recommendations about federal legislative activity including transit authorization legislation, annual appropriation legislation, Administration initiatives, and regulatory matters.
The committee formulates policy recommendations both in response to federal initiatives and to propose guidance for federal actions.
Legislative policies are developed from its subcommittees and the full committee before being recommended to the APTA Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Business Member Legislative Subcommittee
- Commuter Rail & Intercity Legislative Subcommittee
- Federal Procedures & Regulations Legislative Subcommittee
- Funding, Finance & Tax Policy Legislative Subcommittee
- Intergovernmental Issues Legislative Subcommittee
- Small Operations Legislative Subcommittee
- Transit Board Members Legislative Subcommittee
APTA Committees and Subcommittees are now part of APTAconnect, APTA’s members-only, secure online community space specifically designed to connect you to your peers, colleagues, and friends.
Our online communities are aligned with APTA’s highly valued committees. If you’re a member of a committee, you’re automatically a member of its corresponding online community.
Committee membership is open to all employees of APTA members in good standing, and participation in one or more committees/subcommittees is encouraged and welcomed.