The Sustainability Steering Committee is the governing body of the Sustainability Committee and its Sustainability Commitment Signatories Subcommittee, and is tasked with approving products originating from the APTA Standards Sustainability and Urban Design working groups.
Under the governance of the Standards Development Oversight Council (SDOC), the Sustainability and Urban Design Standards Policy and Planning Committee performs the following functions:
- sets the broad policy to be followed by the Sustainability and Urban Design Transit Standards Technical Advisory Group;
- approves the advisory group’s annual budget
- approves major changes to the budget (if required)
- approves the advisory group’s priorities
- appoints the advisory group’s chair and vice chair
- appoints a steering committee representative to the advisory group
- and authorizes implementation of documents approved by the advisory group.
APTA Committees and Subcommittees are now part of APTAconnect, APTA’s members-only, secure online community space specifically designed to connect you to your peers, colleagues, and friends.
Our online communities are aligned with APTA’s highly valued committees. If you’re a member of a committee, you’re automatically a member of its corresponding online community.
Committee membership is open to all employees of APTA members in good standing, and participation in one or more committees/subcommittees is encouraged and welcomed.
Except for those committees listed as “by appointment only,” you may join a committee or subcommittee by submitting the Committee Interest Form. Upon receipt of your request, you will be added to the committee/subcommittee and contacted by the staff advisor.