The American Public Transportation Association has finished hosting its 19th Annual Photo Invitational for the 2019 APTA Calendar.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your favorite photos in front of thousands of others in the industry. Send us your best, high-resolution photos of customers using public transportation in your community and your fellow co-workers involved in your organization’s mission.
Whether it is creating more livable communities, enhancing mobility, providing access to seniors and the disabled, building transit oriented development, supporting a state of good repair, or one of the many other benefits public transportation provides North America (such as energy independence, economic vitality, or environmental benefits) we have a great story to tell – and we need your help to tell it.
Enter the Photo Invitational
The deadline for entering was Wednesday, October 24, 2018. All photos must be submitted via our online entry form. You must be logged into the website to complete the form. Don’t have a member account yet? Anyone can register for a free account on our website.
If you have questions, please contact Stephen Kendrick at email@example.com.
How to Take a Winning Photo
Winning photos show the benefits of public transportation in your community and ones that include customers and personnel. We are looking for photos that show people getting to work, appointments, school, events, or countless other destinations; communities rallying around transit; or the economic benefits with new construction and transit-related jobs.
The best photos depict public transportation vehicles in action with the community and transit employees, and are in a variety of common situations for public transportation that depict diverse seasonal conditions and daily connections to important places.
Finally, photos should capture human emotion and make the connection of how people or communities benefit from public transportation.
Be creative and have fun!
Examples from Previous Years
- Anyone can enter the APTA Photo Invitational. Photos may be submitted either by the individual photographer or by a transit agency or other organization with rights to the photos.
- Photos must have been received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
- There is no entry fee.
- There is no limit on the number of photos that can be submitted by each entrant, BUT each entry on the submission page portal is limited to 40 MB. Any number of photos that add up to less than 40MB can be submitted at once on the submission page portal. Please make multiple entries to submit more than 40MB of content.
- Entries must be submitted via the online entry form on apta.com, and photos must be submitted in digital format in high resolution. Acceptable formats include .jpeg, .jpg, or .gif.
- By entering the contest, you are giving the American Public Transportation Association a royalty-free, non-exclusive perpetual worldwide license to use your photos. Photos may be used by APTA in a variety of forms besides the APTA calendar.
Entries with hired actors prominently featured must be accompanied by a signed photo release. A sample release form is provided below. Please include the signed form as an additional attachment to your submission, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.