The participant's employer will sponsor their respective nominee upon his or her acceptance into the Program. The sponsoring organization must provide the time and resources for participants to attend all required Emerging Leaders Program events and activities that are critical to the success of the program.
- The $3,500 Tuition Fee covers in-person sessions and materials, some meals, and registration fees for the 2018 APTA Rail Conference (Denver, CO) and 2019 APTA Bus & Paratransit Conference (Louisville, KY).
- APTA expects sponsors to fund the participant's tuition fee and travel expenses. Depending on the arrangement between employers and nominee, participants may be required to assume additional related costs (e.g. some meals and incidental expenses) as an investment in their own professional development.
- In addition to tuition fees, other costs will include: hotel, some meals, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Logistical costs associated with required events include:
- Five-to-six hotel nights, two travel days, and three-and-a half days for the June 2018 workshop plus a few days at the 2018 Rail Conference.
- Five-to-six hotel nights, two travel days, and three-and-a half days for the May 2019 workshop plus a few days at the 2019 Bus & Paratransit Conference.