The Awards recognize APTA transportation systems that have implemented programs or initiatives that have achieved documented success in addressing specific safety or security program areas.
Rail Safety & Security Excellence Awards nominations are now closed!
Safety and Security Excellence Awards are presented in three categories which are derived from the National Transit Database. For a more detailed description, see the Public Transportation Fact Book.
- Commuter/Intercity/Regional/High Speed Rail
- Heavy Rail
- Light Rail/Streetcar
- Nomination Procedures & Instructions (Please read before submitting your nomination.)
- Successful nominations are those which address each of the evaluation criteria:
- Note: Nominees selected to receive the Gold Award will be asked to produce and submit a 1-2 minute video that briefly describes the safety or security initiative and the benefits derived. You can view examples by clicking on the "Award Winners" links below.
- Please note: You will need to sign in with your "MyAPTA" login to access the nomination form. If you have never used your "MyAPTA" account, or if you forgot your password, click here for instructions (opens in new window).
- For best results please use Internet Explorer when submitting your nomination.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Director of Safety Brian Alberts at 202-496-4885 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.