The American Public Transportation Association is hosting its 18th Annual Photo Invitational for the 2018 APTA Calendar.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your favorite photos in front of thousands of others in the industry. Send us your best, high-resolution photos of customers using public transportation in your community and your fellow co-workers involved in your organization's mission.
Whether it is creating more livable communities, providing access to seniors and the disabled, building transit oriented development, supporting a state of good repair, or one of the many other benefits public transportation provides North America (such as energy independence, economic vitality, or environmental benefits) we have a great story to tell – and we need your help to tell it.
Winning entries will be featured in the 2018 APTA Calendar.
Enter the Photo Invitational
The deadline for entering is Wednesday, October 25, 2017. All photos must be submitted via our online entry form. You must be logged into MyAPTA to complete the form. Don't have a member account yet? Anyone can register for a free account on our website.
If you have questions, please contact Stephen Kendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-496-4821.
How to Take a Winning Photo
Winning photos show the benefits of public transportation in your community and ones that include customers and personnel. We are looking for photos that show people getting to work, appointments, school, events, or countless other destinations; communities rallying around transit; or the economic benefits with new construction and transit-related jobs.
The best photos depict public transportation vehicles in action with the community and transit employees and are in a variety of natural working conditions for public transportation that depict seasonal activities, promotions, special events, and diverse weather conditions.
Finally, photos should capture human emotion and make the connection of how people or communities benefit from public transportation.
Be creative and have fun!
Examples from Last Year
See 2017's calendar here: 2017_APTA_Calendar.pdf.
- Anyone can enter the APTA Photo Invitational. Photos may be submitted either by the individual photographer or by a transit agency or other organization with rights to the photos.
- Photos must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
- There is no entry fee.
- There is no limit on the number of photos that can be submitted by each entrant, BUT each entry is limited to 40 MB. Please make multiple entries to submit multiple large photos.
- Entries must be submitted via the online entry form on apta.com, and photos must be submitted in digital format in high resolution. Acceptable formats include .jpeg, .jpg, or .gif.
- By entering the contest, you are giving the American Public Transportation Association a royalty-free, non-exclusive perpetual worldwide license to use your photos. Photos may be used by APTA in a variety of forms besides the APTA calendar.
Entries with hired actors prominently featured must be accompanied by a signed photo release. A sample release form is provided below. Please include the signed form as an additional attachment to your submission, or scan and email to email@example.com.