APTA’s 2016 Nominating Committee selected current Vice Chair Doran J. Barnes, executive director of Foothill Transit, West Covina, CA, as APTA Chair for 2016-2017 at a meeting on Aug. 2. APTA Executive Committee Member Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr., CEO of Jacksonville Transportation Authority, was nominated vice chair. Kim R. Green, executive director of business development at GENFARE, will continue his term as secretary-treasurer through 2018. Current APTA Chair Valarie J. McCall, board member of the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, will serve as immediate past chair.
The Nominating Committee, chaired by Phillip A. Washington, immediate past APTA chair and CEO of Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, also nominated members-at-large for both the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
The APTA membership will vote on the Nominating Committee’s slate of nominees on Sept. 10 at the Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, CA.
Nominated as members-at-large of the APTA Executive Committee were:
- Dorval R. Carter, Jr., president, Chicago Transit Authority, Chicago, IL
- Greg Percy, COO, Metrolinx (GO Transit), Toronto, ON
- Beverly S. Silas, vice chair, Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Austin, TX
- David M. Stackrow, Sr., CPA, chairman, Capital District Transportation Authority, Albany, NY
- Jeffrey Wharton, president, IMPulse NC LLC, Mount Olive, NC
Nominated as members-at-large of the APTA Board of Directors were:
- Christopher P. Boylan, director, governmental & strategic partnerships, General Contractors Association of NY, New York, NY
- Joseph A. Calabrese, CEO, general manager / secretary-treasurer, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Cleveland, OH
- Marlene B. Connor, principal / manager, Marlene Connor Associates, LLC, Holyoke, MA
- Dwight A. Ferrell, CEO & general manager, Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority(SORTA) / Metro, Cincinnati, OH
- Jannet Walker Ford, vice president & North America director of policy & strategic programs, Parsons Corporation, Jacksonville, FL
- Adelee Marie Le Grand, vice president / chief strategy officer, Regional Transit Authority, New Orleans, LA
- Donald A. Orseno, executive director & CEO, Metra, Chicago, IL
- Keith T. Parker, AICP, general manager / CEO, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, Atlanta, GA
- John R. Plante, JD, IPEM, board director & treasurer, Metra, Chicago, IL
- Arun Prem, executive director, Full Access Coordinated Transportation, Inc., Oceanside, CA
In addition, the Nominating Committee recommended the following individuals to fill unexpired terms, one on the Executive Committee and three on the Board. The Board will vote on these recommendations when it convenes on Sept. 10.
- Jennifer Mitchell, director, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, Richmond, VA
Board of Directors:
- Sue Dreier, CEO, Pierce County Public Transportation Benefit Area Authority Corporation (Pierce Transit), Lakewood, WA
- Angela Miller, director, global customer solutions, Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc., San Diego, CA
- William Tsuei, PMP, CPA, CSM, chief technology officer, Valley Metro, Phoenix, AZ