APTA has developed the following sources of information:
The COVID-19 Pandemic Public Transportation Responds: Safeguarding Riders and Employees
(revised Aug 13, 2020)
This guidebook is based on input from public health, medical, and transit professionals, as well as best practices shared by agencies in the United States. Throughout this document, there are suggestions for reducing the risks related to COVID-19 to passengers and employees. Before implementing any of these suggestions, agencies should assess whether such a change can be scaled to its size and mode of agency in a manner that does not add unacceptable risk.
APTA has revised this guide from its original April 2020 publication in an effort to stay consistent with emerging medical and public health information about COVID-19. To this end, APTA may continue to release updates as the understanding of this complicated disease advances.
- “Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidance During a Contagious Virus Pandemic” (June 23, 2020)
- APTA White Paper: Developing a Pandemic Virus Service Restoration Checklist (May 21)
- COVID-19 Videos and Webinar Content from APTA
- ITE Talks Transportation podcast with APTA President and CEO Paul P. Skoutelas (April 28)
- Survey of APTA Business Members (April 2020)
- Survey of APTA Transit Systems (March 2020)
- A Guide for Public Transportation Pandemic Planning and Response (Summary of NCHRP Report 769)
- Developing a Contagious Virus Response Plan (APTA SS-S-SEM-005-09)
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- COVID-19 Toolbox for the Community
- APTA Request to Delay FTA Part 673 PTASP and Part 672 PTSCTP Rules Emergency Relief-Docket (FTA-2020-0001-0001)