APTA has developed the following sources of information:
The APTA Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidance, which draws from proven best practices, CDC guidelines, and public health experts, is designed to aid all transit agencies regardless of size or mode in developing maintenance, cleaning, and disinfecting programs for their vehicles and facilities.
Many of the ideas discussed in the document are currently being implemented in the public transportation industry and related sectors that are working to mitigate the transmission of the coronavirus.
This paper was developed by APTA’s Technical Advisory Group of industry representatives and LTK Engineering, and reviewed and approved by the APTA Mobility Recovery & Restoration Task Force.
- APTA White Paper: Developing a Pandemic Virus Service Restoration Checklist (May 21)
- APTA COVID-19 Guide: Safeguarding Riders and Employees (April 14)
- COVID-19 Videos and Webinar Content from APTA
- ITE Talks Transportation podcast with APTA President and CEO Paul P. Skoutelas (April 28)
- Survey of APTA Business Members (April 2020)
- Survey of APTA Transit Systems (March 2020)
- A Guide for Public Transportation Pandemic Planning and Response (Summary of NCHRP Report 769)
- Developing a Contagious Virus Response Plan (APTA SS-S-SEM-005-09)
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- COVID-19 Toolbox for the Community
- APTA Request to Delay FTA Part 673 PTASP and Part 672 PTSCTP Rules Emergency Relief-Docket (FTA-2020-0001-0001)