Regional Organizational Development Workshops
Join us in Chicago!
May 30, 2018
Chicago Transit Authority
567 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL. 60661
Conference Room 2AB
Click to view the Workshop Agenda
$175 includes workshop materials and lunch ($225 non-APTA members)
Those who work within the areas of employee recruitment, retention, training, and development who want to build a network and share best practices and resources. The OD Workshops are held regionally because we recognize that often times OD Practitioners do not have the opportunity to travel to national conferences.
Building on the success of our February 2017 event, the Organizational Development Subcommittee of the APTA Workforce Development Committee is holding another workshop for professionals in the public transportation industry. The workshop will continue conversations and highlight best practices in the following areas of workforce development.
- Recruitment, Retention, and Employee Engagement
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Veterans and Underserved Populations (homeless, incarcerated, returning to workforce)
- Workforce Development Programs
- Internships / Apprenticeships
- To engage OD professionals in APTA workforce activities
- To highlight best practices
- To identify critical issues faced by transit agencies and industry partners
- To develop a plan of action
- To craft a framework for regional support networks to share resources
- To help members attract, develop, and train a diverse workforce
In addition to review of critical workforce issues, a plan for continuing the regional dialogue will be crafted. The conversation will identify current efforts in the region and discuss areas for ongoing partnership in an effort to continue the workforce conversation.
Dr. Barbara K. Gannon, Chair, Workforce Development Subcommittee, Principal, Gannon Consulting