Show Me the Money: The Business Case for Sustainability
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
This webinar addresses how to define and implement a business approach to sustainability. Hear from our transit agency and business member experts on how to successfully champion the triple bottom line and incorporate sustainability considerations into decision-making.
- Norine Walker, Project Manager for Design & Construction, Virginia Railway Express (VRE), Alexandria, VA
- Clary Coutu, Manager of Environmental Compliance, Keolis Commuter Services, Boston, MA
- Chelsey Hohensee, Operations Manager, Rock Island County Metropolitan Mass Transit District (MetroLink), Moline, IL
- Amy Shatzkin, Deputy Director – Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Sound Transit, Seattle, WA
- Pamela Yonkin, Principal Economist, HDR, Boston, MA
EMS Working Group: To Certify, or Not to Certify. That is the Question!
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
The APTA EMS Working Group discussed the pros and cons of ISO certification for their EMS programs. Featuring Dan Locke, Environmental Compliance Administrator at the Utah Transit Authority with comments from Kerin Lester (MARTA) and Amy Shatzkin (Sound Transit).