ECP Passenger Cable-Based Braking System—Performance Requirements
This standard contains the minimum performance requirements for electronically controlled pneumatic (ECP) brake systems operating on passenger cars that are part of the general railroad system.
|Document Number||Version||Publication Date||Publication||Related Information|
|APTA PR-M-S-021-17||Rev. 1||08/07/2019||Published||Current|
- Develop and implement a hazard management program that supports decisions on setting and maintaining nominal gap requirements.
- Develop and implement visual and audible public awareness programs that communicate information about the railroad’s gap.
- Develop and implement a training component for on-board railroad personnel in regard to their role in maintaining passenger safety while traversing the gap.
- Implement inspection procedures to monitor station platform conditions.
- Verify that maintenance procedures for track and vehicles maintain the system’s nominal gap as required by the railroad.
- Develop and implement a training component for maintenance and construction personnel as necessary.
Want to participate in development of this document? Join Working Group or Learn More